Every Sunday 09:00-14:30
About Our Markets
In 2019 We have relaunched our markets with great success. We now have a weekly Sunday market that runs from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm. Our market is split into three main stall types, Food, Craft and Carboot Stalls. We have large a permanent market structure that can hold 12 regular stall holders. Our Markets have been growing steadily over the last year and now attracts over 500 people each weekend, this number literally growing by the week with over 700 people attending our second market in January. Our regular food stalls include a butcher, fishmonger, fruit & vegetable seller, cheesemonger, artisan salt seller, and a specialist Italian food seller (who sells the most incredible pasta). We have a range of regular craft and knickknack sellers which include Pocket Money Toys, Wax Melts, Vintage Tool Seller and more.
Having a stall at our market
If you'd like to join either of our markets as a stall holder please contact us via Facebook. We are always looking to expand our offering but I will take time to provide enough under shelter stalls for everyone. We are constantly increasing the number of stall holders and we are currently seeking Food Vans, Artisan food suppliers, Craft Stall Holders, and Carbooters.
Unlike in 2018 our Markets now run weekly and set up begins at 8:30 ,with the market itself starting at 09:00. The market always takes place at The East Linton Sales Ground, Station Road, East Linton EH40 3DN.
Regular Stall Holders:
- B&M Fruits
- Caledonian Foods
- Salt Pig
- Panem & Circenses
- Jaenette's Bric-a-Brac
- Aaran Cheese
- Dougie's Bric-a-Brac
- Collins' Fish
- Trailford Meats
- Mr Donut
- Caroline "The Jumper Lady"
- Baby Clothes
- Sue & Tom - Woodware & Jewellery
- Linda Hush - Wax Melts
- Jonathon Duncan - Mobile Phone Accessories
- Pocket Money Toys
- Rosie's Underwear
- Maggie McKenzi
- George Scott
- Mr Gowley
Rules of The Market:
We are a family run business and community is the most important part of what we do. We do not ask for much in return for a stall at the market just the following:
- Once a stallholder commits to taking a stall at our weekly market they must attend. failure to attend will result in losing the opportunity to have a pitch in the future.
- As a Stallholder you have a responsibility to be courteous to punters, any behavior that is deemed to be aggressive, antisocial or intimidating will result in you being asked to leave.
- Once you agree to be a stall holder we ask that you promote the market and other stall holders to as many people as you know! The more people talk about it the more people will come. for most people, the market is more than a hobby so it really matters to have a large attendance from a varied background.
- Try and organize another stall holder to attend. This year our market has gone from 12 stallholders to 21 stall holders and if everyone can bring another stall holder we would have 42 stalls and that is a really great sized market.
- Generators are not allowed, if you require access to electricity please organize this in advance with the market manager.
- The market runs until 2:30 pm, and as such you must not pack away before then. The market area is an active pedestrian walkway. You can't drive vehicles in this area between 9:00-14:30.
- Always check in with the market manager when you arrive and before you leave, we want to know if you had a good day and if there is anything we can do to help you in the future.
- We are always on the lookout for additional help with the markets. If you can self-monitor these rules and help us enforce them if you see them broken that would help us considerably. If you know someone that would be willing to volunteer a bit of time to help with the administrative side of things that would be amazing and help the long term viability of these markets